Montag, 31. Dezember 2012

My Month in Scrappy? Sew Bee It!

Since May I have been in a virtual quilting bee on flickr, the Scrappy? Sew Bee It!
Every month we make blocks for a different member and take all our fabric from our stash, with the focus on using up scraps.





But I know that some members (including myself) have purchased fabric to make the blocks as good as possible. It is a great challenge to make a different block every month. You have to be more careful and precise than usual (at least, I have to be...). We did several very different ones until today: stars, feathers, a giant hexagon, x and +, 36 patch and very differnt log cabins.

January is my month. When we could choose our month I thought naively I'd have enough time during the holidays to plan my block and write a detailed and well-edited tutorial... well not quite. I drafted a pattern, made a practice block and took some shabby indoor-evening-telephone-pictures of it because I can't find the loading device for my camera and  I'm never home in sunshine...



I'd like to do a Scrappy Spider Web. I've seen several of them in blogland and I've been collecting scraps and selvadges since I started quilting for such a project. I'd love to get as many colourful scraps and selvadges as possiple with medium grey "stars" in the centre. I'll post my templates and directions in our flickr group.


5 Kommentare:

  1. Is this foundation paper pieced?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. No, I just pieced it normally. I just used longer stripes and didn't mind if they were a little wonky and the cut back in the end. But I held it against my paper template to check for size.

      Löschen
  2. I'm going to make your block today if all goes as planned!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh good luck. Have bees buzzing out of my ears too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I really love your website.. Excellent colors & theme.
    Did you make this website yourself? Please reply back
    as I'm looking to create my very own site and would love to learn where you got this
    from or what the theme is called. Appreciate it!

    Here is my site - Omega Scarves

    AntwortenLöschen